Part of getting into the holiday spirit sometimes goes hand-in-hand with getting into holiday debt. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Below are some ideas on how you can save on everything from gift-giving to entertainment so you can have a guilt-free holiday season.
If you’re reading this right now, the “shop in advance” option might not work for you when it comes to saving money on holiday gifts. Here are some other ideas that work on a budget.
Give something personal
I don’t know about you, but personal gifts mean more to me than “stuff” that’s just under the tree. I love to be surprised by someone else’s thoughtfulness.
- Photo album or digital slide show.
- Streaming service subscription (for a limited time if you’re on a budget)
- Creating a personal playlist you know someone would love.
- Custom cookbook with family recipes.
Give something homemade
Think beyond the usual cookies!
- Homemade soup that someone can pull out over the busy holidays.
- An ornament they’ll enjoy year after year.
- CLICK HERE for 80 DIY Gifts Your Friends and Family Will Love.
Give an experience
Again, we all have enough “stuff” – make a date to take someone to the theater or a concert or maybe to play a favorite sport if you’re somewhere warm this holiday season. Those memories will be appreciated and last a lifetime.
CLICK HERE for 44 Best Gift Experiences for People with Adventure on the Mind
Just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean you have to skimp on entertaining friends and family. CLICK HERE for 10 Ways to Save Money on Holiday Meals including…
- Shop the sales
- Watch the unit price
- Consider new traditions
- Go potluck!
Everyone wants to get out and about over the holiday season – but that can get expensive really quickly. Here are some budget-friendly ideas that will still make for a fun holiday season:
- Host a dessert night or open house rather than a full meal.
- Check out your membership benefits through organizations like AAA or Costco to see what discounts they offer on tickets.
- Look for free concerts through churches or other community organizations that will get you in the holiday spirit!
- CLICK HERE for frugal holiday date night ideas.
We hope that you’re getting into the holiday spirit and that you can enjoy yourself without the added guilt of overspending. Happy holidays!